Letters of support for Dark Sky ordinance from villages in unincorporated Marin:
San Geronimo Valley Planning Group
East Shore Planning Group
Inverness Park Association
Olema Valley Association
Point Reyes Station Village Association
Bolinas Community Public Utility District
Awaiting more information before making a decision:
Dillon Beach Association
Other Support letters:
West Marin Rotary
The ordinance would be Marin’s first county lighting ordinance governing unincorporated West Marin. Members of the PRSVA’s lighting committee continue to meet with county, national park, and International Dark Sky Association representatives shepherding the application process along.
Features of lighting ordinance:
- Shield lights/Downward cast
- Restrict illumination levels
- Encourage yellow lighting, not blue
- Establish lighting zones (including Dark Sky Zones)
- Limit outdoor lighting
- Limit sports arena lighting
- Restrict illuminated signs
- Provide for enforcement
- Allow 10 years to fully comply
Ways to help:
- Contact your county supervisor and announce your support of a Marin County Light pollution ordnance. Email your supervisor.
- Attend our educational and fundraising events.
- Donate to Dark Sky Point Reyes.