- This event has passed.
Register for June Stargazing with Don Jolley
June 21, 2022 @ 9:00 pm - June 29, 2022 @ 10:00 pm$10 – $20
Follow Don’s Weather Reports at DarkSkyPointReyes.com for up-to-the-hour announcements.
- Date: (Between June 21-29) – Exact date TBD by the fog
- Time: About 9:00 pm
- Place: Giacomini Wetlands (3rd & C Sts), spaces are limited
- Donation: $10-$20. Please pay below or bring exact change as it will be dark.
What to bring:
- Warm clothes
- Chair, blanket, or sleeping roll
- Print out of night sky map with names on it.
- Flashlight prepared as in instructions below or red lamp
- Your curiosity
We meet every month at the Giacomini Wetlands to enjoy our beautiful night sky and listen to Don Jolley’s spellbinding stories about billions and billions of celestial bodies.
Each month we look for a “window of opportunity” when the sky is the darkest to conduct naked-eye stargazing. Our wait for a clear sky opens on June 21st and runs thru the 29th.
We are now accepting sign-ups on this website only. Spaces are limited.
Flashlight preparation: A headlamp or flashlight with a red bulb option will work just fine. To modify an ordinary flashlight, cover the flashlight’s lens with masking tape, and color the tape with a red marker. It may take a few layers to get the light to quiet down. You’ll want enough light to read your star chart in the dark, but not so much that it blinds your vision of the stars.
Presented in concert with Point Reyes National Seashore & Point Reyes Station Village Association